Saturday, April 26, 2014

Time to get back to it...


As many of you know I used to write a blog/column called Marina Matters. I started it back in June of 2011 as a way to communicate with the Marina community and to share my thoughts about what was going on that might be of interest to them. I stopped writing it last December so I could focus on other things that are important to me like my family and our business.
So here we are in April of 2014 and I feel there are issues within our community that are not being talked about since we do not have a daily or weekly paper that focuses on our Marina community. These are issues that if the community knew more about, we could have a dialog as to what they think about them. So I have decided to start writing the column again and use Facebook to disseminate it.
A case in point will be the extension of Marina’s sales and TOT taxes (Measures M & N) that will appear on our November ballot, the state of our City’s annual budget discussion and the Council’s desire to once again cut positions out of our police, fire and other departments while we have some $7,000,000 in reserves.
I will address these issues in coming columns but I think it is important that our Marina community understands these, and other issues, and expresses their collective opinions on our future direction.
It is my desire to facilitate the start of a healthy dialog to benefit our Marina community.
More later….

No comments:

Post a Comment